Government is too big and too important to be left to the politicians.
– Chester Bowles, Former Governor of Connecticut and Yale Graduate
Yale Model Congress, founded in 1993, is the oldest entirely student-run model congress association in the Ivy League. Each year, we organize a four-day conference for more than 500 high school students to simulate the inner workings of the United States federal government. Each student delegate plays a role as a Senator, Representative, member of the President’s Cabinet, or Supreme Court Justice. During the conference, students will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in small committee sessions,
- Debate legislation they have written on a topic of their choice,
- Participate in plenary meetings of the Senate or House of Representatives,
- Address any crises, foreign or domestic, that may arise
- Interact with distinguished guest speakers, and
- Receive personal attention from YMC’s dedicated staff.
Yale Model Congress 2016 will be held from December 1-4, 2016 at the Omni Hotel and Yale University campus in New Haven, CT. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our staff. We look forward to seeing you in December!